Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Second Chances

So a couple weeks ago, my biological father got my mom's phone number!!! (im not happy about it)
I don't have anything to do with my father and he's never really been apart of my life.  I actually told my mother not to answer the phone and to not call him back cuz I dont want to talk to him and i dont want him to find out where i live!

I have been praying and doing alot of thinking and as much as I would like to take the easy way out and avoid him, its not the right thing to do. I know that God has made him my father for a reason, even though i dont like the fact that he's my father, he is still my father.
Could he actually start acting like a father?  YES!!
Could he be a better father?  YES!!
but am i willing to give him a second chance? well God is going to have to work on me with that one!!
part of me doesnt want to at this very moment but part of me wants to because its the right thing to do.!!!
God gives us second chances and is always willing to forgive us! Im not gonna give him a second chance because i want to but i feel as if i should because God wants me to. He needs Jesus in his life and i could have a great oppurtunity to tell him about Jesus but I am putting myself before God. Im avoiding him cuz im mad at him cuz he has let me down so many times and thats not the kind of dad i want. But its not what i want, its what God wants and i wanna be willing to do what He wants me to do. I may not want anything to do with him but God wants something to do with him and God still loves him even if i feel as if i hate him.
I am gonna be willing to step out of my comfort zone and do something for God that God wants even though it makes me 'uncomfortable' but thats the whole purpose of stepping out of your 'comfort zone'.
I am still being very hateful about it all and still saying mean things bout my father but i pray God changes my attitude because what good is it going to do if i do something but have a negative attitude about it and im not doing it out of love.
while i do give him this second chance im gonna have to guard my heart. im also gonna need alot of prayer. this whole thing is gonna need alot of prayer. so if you read this....please keep it in your prayers.
I must say that i am thankful for God showing me this and making me realize somethings gotta change and i know what im doing wrong. I do know that it has to be less of me and more of God.......thats definitely for sure.
I am also willing to take any advice you might have for me and are willing to give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment