Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mission Reach: Evening Church Services

For now, I'm just going to share some things that I took notes on during our evening services.  I should have a couple more posts about my week coming some other time, but I feel like sharing my notes tonight, even though I feel the need to go to bed!!! :D

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


I really want to share a quote first!


"Everybody wants a testimony, but nobody wants a test
Everybody wants the power, but nobody wants the death
Everybody wants to experience the fourth man in the furnace, but nobody wants to be thrown in the fire
Everybody wants to share how they were delivered from lions, but nobody wants to be thrown in the den"


Are you guys okay from being hit with that??  It's SOO true!!!  We all get like that though!  We say we want God to stretch us, but when He trys to, we take things in our own hands and we only do what we're comfortable with.  It's not easy to step out of your comfort zone, but when you are doing something that God wants you to do, it is so worth every little baby step.  He is there with you through it all and it's just up to you to let God work and to put your trust in Him.  I know that in my own life, I tell myself that I will do it when I'm closer to God because I have to make sure I'm ready!! Let's face it, we're never fully ready!  Sure, it's important to get spiritually ready, but I find myself growing a lot when I just step out in faith and allow God to stretch me and He never fails me when He is stretching me!!




2 Samuel 5:17-20

17 When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over Israel, they went up in full force to search for him, but David heard about it and went down to the stronghold.18 Now the Philistines had come and spread out in the Valley of Rephaim;
19 so David inquired of the Lord, "Shall I go and attack the Philistines? Will you deliver them into my hands?"
The Lord answered him, "Go, for I will surely deliver the Philistines into your hands."
20 So David went to Baal Perazim, and there he defeated them. He said, "As waters break out, the Lord has broken out against my enemies before me." So that place was called Baal Perazim.




*David did not let the enemy come and get him, he went and took out the enemy!

*Verse 17:  In David's moment of promotion, he finds his greatest opposition
                   Why? ----> Because Satan knows he must stop something in its infancy because we get stronger and stronger and take him out everytime!!

*When you get closer to God everyday, you become a threat to satan and he knows it and he will oppose you everytime God try to promote you!




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Mark 10:46-52


46 Then they reached Jericho, and as Jesus and his disciples left town, a large crowd followed him.  A blind beggar named Bartimaeus (son of Timaeus) was sitting beside the road.
47 When Bartimaeus heard that Jesus of Nazareth was nearby, he began to shout, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
48 "Be quiet!" many of the people yelled at him.  But he only shouted louder, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"
49 When Jesus heard him, he stopped and said, "Tell him to come here."  So they called the blind man. "Cheer up," they said.  "Come on, he's calling you!"
50 Bartimaeus threw aside his coat, jumped up, and came to Jesus.
51 "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked.  "My rabbi," the blind man said, "I want to see!"
52 And Jesus said to him, "Go, for your faith has healed you."  Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus down the road.



1. You must recognize that you have a need.
     *Jesus asked "What do you want me to do for you?"
          *Always recognize your need and tell Jesus what that need is.

2. You must go after Jesus alone!
    *Everyone kept telling Bartimaeus to quiet down, but he just got louder and louder and then when Jesus told him to come, he threw his coat aside, jumped up, and went to Jesus!  No one else went with him!  They kept telling him to be quiet!  Bartimaeus went after Jesus alone!!


3. When He turns towards you, make it count!
    *When you go to Jesus with your need, don't forget to tell him what you need.  He is asking you what you want Him to do for you, so tell him your need!!  Don't just push it aside because you think he has better things to do, tell Him!!!





~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



1 Kings 18:20-41


1. We have to attack the enemy!
2. We need to mock the enemy!
    *Satan is jealous of your relationship with God!
3. When you pray, God hears!



1 Thessalonians 5:22

*Get rid of anything that's talking time from God!
-Are the things that you're living for, worth Christ dying for?



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Some other random things that I have written down:


*A setback is a setup for a comeback!

*Satan will use those closest to you to attack you!

*It doesn't matter how old you are, if you love Jesus, get ready!!!

*Satan will attack you, but the blessing comes after the attack!

*Sheep are on all fours grazing grass and about to fall off a cliff, but a Shepard has two feet and can see where the sheep can not!!

*We are called to be fishermen of men, but we're supposed to leave the gutting and cleaning up to God!



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here is just a few things from the services and I hope to share what God did in my life on those nights!!  It's amazing and it's still a work in progress, that's for sure!!  I will also share what God is doing in Staunton IL and I have a few pictures, but not many!!  God bless you all and I pray you all have a great weekend!!  Love you all!!!



~Lizard

No comments:

Post a Comment